Now is the perfect time to start thinking about making your outside space come alive. With garden design as important to a home as interior decor, we want you to be able to relax, dine and play outside, in style. To help you do this, we've highlighted this year's key styles for creative inspiration to help you achieve your chosen look at home. From guaranteed plant quality and useful tools, to accessories and garden furniture, we'll make your outdoors great.
Colour in the garden ideas:
Be creative and transform your garden with colour to make the most of it all year round. Use bold shades to create a stylish feature or subtle hues for a gentle refresh.
Garden planning ideas:
Planning what to do with your garden, whether you've just bought a new home or are completely overhauling your existing space can feel like a daunting task. Many people feel like they don't know whether to begin and that's where award winning garden designer Adam Frost is here to help. If you can't decide whether you want your garden to have a country or contemporary feel, or if you just want to know where to start, Adam Frost's videos should give you the inspiration you need.
- Place a bench at the end of your garden to help draw you into your outdoor space.
- A cluster of colourful pots and plants can brighten up the plainest of patios.
- Refresh your shed or fence with a lick of varnish or paint to keep it looking as good as new.
- If you want a perfect lawn but don’t have the time to dedicate to it, consider using artificial grass.
- Plant bulbs among evergreen shrubs to create a beautiful border that’s easy to maintain, and gives bursts of seasonal colour.
- Achieve clean and neat lines in your garden with a garden border.
- If you have a large garden, consider getting a summer house for an outdoor space to retreat to.
- Create height in your garden with architectural plants or raised beds.
Planting & landscaping ideas:
Do you want to inject some life into your garden but feel unsure about where to start? From planting to landscaping, we are here to inspire your next garden project.
No matter how big or small your garden is, you want to create a haven that can be enjoyed by your family and friends all year round, especially in the summer months when you will be doing plenty of entertaining and eating lots of BBQs outdoors.
You don't have to be a professional gardener to plan your own landscape, which is why Homebase have put together useful advice guides and top tips containing hundreds of garden ideas to give you the inspiration you need to begin. From advice on colour schemes to planning your garden furniture you will find all the help you need online.
If it's a beautiful border that you are trying to create, then we have plenty of options to choose from with our garden on a roll borders. We will show you different border ideas, as well as a step-by-step guide on how to plant and maintain them throughout the year. Make sure you check out our advice pages today so that you are armed and ready to start your gardening adventure.