Rated 4.3 out of 5 by 3
Rated 5 out of 5 by Derek Fantastic Summerhouse
We are delighted with our Chatsworth summerhouse. The quality of the workmanship is good. We had two expert joiners who put the summer house together. They were disappointed to see that the summerhouse windows and doors did not have the glass already in them. It has taken 6 hours to construct the summerhouse. though we are delighted with the end result. It looks fantastic and it is a great addition to our small garden. I would recommend this summerhouse to anyone who wants style and is limited by space in their garden.
27 November 2016
Rated 4 out of 5 by Stickman As expected
You do have to be reasonably practical to erect this Summer House. I put ours up single handed apart from putting the roof on. The roof was the tricky bit trying to get it all lined up but eventually did it by screwing the roof sections together at the bottom corners first ,this pulled it all in to shape better. The instructions were easy to follow. Whilst I got all the screws, nails & pins etc they did come all lose in one bag and I don't think I ever found the small pins. Give me a second one to put up and I would be a lot quicker. You also have to use a cordless drill/driver or get sore hands.
27 June 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by Drew Very pleasing result
This has exceeded my expectations. Buying a flatpack shed /summerhouse off the internet has many potential pitfalls but this has worked out very well. I guess my DIY skills are better than I realised as I had no major problem putting this together.
I made a large set square, 3 old bits of timber nailed together (google Pythagoras' theorem) to ensure the walls started off as square and true as possible. With the help of my good wife and a powered screwdriver (essential as there are alot of screws) we had it up over a couple of days. We are fit fifty year olds but their estimate of 5 hours for two workmen is a tad optimistic!
The roof was the trickiest part but two screws kept the first panels in approximate place whilst the final panel was muscled into position. The doors have hung very snuggly tho' I shaved about 3mm off the left hand door so it doesn't stick in wet weather. I added "L" shaped angle brackets to secure the floor to my bearers (4 x 50mm x 75mm x 2160mm pressure treated timber) to prevent the floor lifting and snagging the bottom of the door. Also, I put a long screw through each of the roof corners to bring the panels tighter together, as the fit wasn't perfect, tho' now the felt is on you cant tell. The only real criticism I have is the felt roof nails weren't long enough to firmly fix where three layers overlapped. A dozen nails 3~ 5mm longer did the job.
I'm in the process of painting... two coats of almond so far and at least one more coat required. Modern paint doesn't have the covering power it used to!
A very welcome addition to the garden and a thoroughly enjoyed project. Thanks to Rowlinson for their well thought out kit and instructions.
17 June 2015