Choosing your shower enclosure and tray
From expansive wet rooms to contemporary curved glass cubicles and simple trays, the right stand-alone shower enclosure will help to transform your bathroom space, adding luxury and style, whilst helping you to create your perfect design.
With so many products available, choosing the right enclosure can be tricky – ensure that you make the right decisions and take the first step towards finding your perfect shower enclosure by checking out this expert buying guide.
Discover our wide range of stylish shower enclosures and trays online or come and visit us at online or come visit us at your nearest Homebase store today.
3 easy steps to finding your ideal enclosure:
- Get inspired by checking out our wide range of spectacular shower enclosures, with several different glass options, including, clear, opaque and patterned panels. Think about the look you’re trying to achieve, and how the screen will complement your other bathroom fittings.
- Measure & Plan – measure the floor area and height of your bathroom, then get some paper and pens out and plan out your new bathroom layout. Don’t forget to take into account the position of your windows, lights and doors and calculate the amount of extra space required to open the shower doors.
- Don’t forget to take into account the position of your windows, lights & doors & calculate the amount of extra space required to open the shower doors
- Finishing touches – personalise your enclosure with bathroom accessories, chosen from our expansive collection.
- Once you’ve chosen your perfect enclosure, take a look at our step-by-step guide showing you how to install a shower cubicle – a must-read for easy, hassle-free installation.
What type of shower enclosure should I choose?
Doors open outwards
Doors fold in half and open inwards, a great solution for small bathrooms
2 sliding doors, allows entrance via the corner
Doors slide open into the frame, a great solution for small bathrooms
Quadrant and Offset Quadrant
Doors slide open into the frame or open outwards
Walk-in enclosures and wet rooms
Give your bathroom real wow factor with an expansive walk-in enclosure or wet room. A great way to refresh and revamp your bathroom, whilst giving it give it some contemporary, luxury style, Homebase wet rooms and walk in enclosures are available in a range of sizes and styles to suit your space, including both framed and unframed designs.
Which range of shower enclosure is right for me?
A specialist in the design, development and creation of beautiful enclosures with 35 years experience.
|Frame design||Framed or semi framed|
Vitale shower enclosures are modern and stylish, with a durable design built to withstand even the strongest of power showers and will be delivered within 7 calendar days.
|Enclosure height||1850mm – 2100mm|
|Frame design||Framed or semi framed|
Do I need a shower tray?
Unless you’re going for a tiled wet room, you’re going to need a shower tray, which will provide you with a water-tight enclosure and drainage.
At Homebase, you’ll find a huge selection of shower trays in styles and sizes to suit your space, including those made from cast stone and hardwearing, heavyweight acrylic. For enhanced safety, you can also choose units with non-slip surfaces – perfect for those with small children, or elderly family members.
For easy installation use a plumb kit
This allows the shower tray to be raised above the floor for an easier installation, particularly on solid floors. An easy plumb kit has adjustable legs allowing the user to self level the tray easily, which allows direct connection to the waste without the need to lift the floorboards. All of our easy plumb kits also come with a 25 year guarantee.
Finish your enclosure with Stormwall
Stormwall panels are an easy and more cost effective alternative to tiling. They are completely waterproof and do not require grouting. We have a range of colours and finishes to suit every taste. The full length panels allow you to create a truly striking statement. Stormwall comes with a 10 year guarantee.