Simple pasta arrabiata
A dish with a fiery kick that's simple to make and won't overstretch your budget.
Preparation: 10 mins
Cooking: 10 mins
- 3 tsp oregano
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- Handful of fresh basil
- Pinch of salt and black pepper
- Olive oil
- 400g penne or other shaped pasta
1. Cook the penne according to the packet instructions.
2. While the pasta's cooking, heat 2 tablespoon of olive oil in a pan and add the chopped garlic and crushed chilli peppers. Fry on a low heat for a few minutes.
3. Add the tinned tomatoes and oregano to the pan. Simmer uncovered for about 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add a pinch of salt and black pepper to taste. Tear and add the basil and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
5. Mix the pasta with the sauce and garnish with fresh basil leaves.
6. Finish with a sprinkle or a handful of grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Was this guide useful?