Pea & ham hock soup
A rich, warming soup packed with freshness and flavour that's ideal for a chilly evening.
Preparation: 10 mins
Cooking: 20 mins
- Frozen peas
- 700ml stock
- 25g butter
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 20 fresh mint leaves, stalks removed
- Handful fresh parsley
- 270g ham hock, shredded
1. Heat the butter in a large pan, add the onion and sauté.
2. Pour in the stock, bring to the boil and add the peas and simmer until tender.
3. Remove from the heat, then add the mint and parsley and season with salt and pepper.
4. When it's a bit cooler, liquidise the soup, adding more stock if it's too thick. Check the taste and add more seasoning if required.
5. Return to the heat and warm the soup.
6. To serve, pour into bowls and sprinkle a handful of ham hock onto each portion. For a special treat, dollop on 1 tbsp crème fraîche per bowl.
Was this guide useful?