Pancakes with bananas & chocolate
A Shrove Tuesday essential that’s quick and delicious. Serve with your favourite ice cream for a yummy treat.
Preparation: 30 mins
Cooking: 2 mins each
- 100g plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 300ml semi-skimmed milk
- 1 tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil, plus extra for frying
- Pinch of salt
- 2 bananas, peeled and chopped
- Your favourite chocolate spread or sauce
1. Sift the flour into a large mixing bowl and add a pinch of salt
2. Crack the eggs into a well in the centre of the flour, then pour in about 50ml milk and 1 tbsp oil. Whisk until you have a smooth, thick paste.
3. Slowly pour in the remaining milk while whisking, until your batter consistency is like a thick liquid.
4. Heat some oil in a frying pan over a moderate heat, then add a little oil, pour in around a ladle full of batter and move the pan until it covers the bottom.
5. Cook for about 30 seconds, checking the underside. When it is a golden brown colour, turn and cook until the other side is done.
6. Once cooked, slide the pancake onto a plate and spread with chocolate sauce and sliced banana. Then roll up and serve.
Was this guide useful?