Crispy Roast Potatoes
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 1 hr 15 mins
- 16 potatoes
- 2 tbsp plain flour or mustard powder
- 140g goose fat
1. Preheat your oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5.
2. Wash the potatoes, then peel and chop them into halves or quarters depending on size.
3. Bring the potatoes to the boil in a saucepan of slightly salted water, then simmer gently for just over five minutes.
4. While the potatoes are simmering heat the fat in a roasting tin.
5. Drain the potatoes into a colander, giving the colander a rigorous shake to fluff up the edges of the potatoes, as you sprinkle them with the flour or mustard powder.
6. When your fat’s sizzling, carefully tip in the prepared potatoes.
7. Coat each potato with the hot fat using a tablespoon.
8. Roast the potatoes for just over an hour, turning them from time to time until they’re a crispy golden brown.
Was this guide useful?