Carrot & coriander soup
Preparation: 15 mins
Cooking: 25 mins
- 450g carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 potato, chopped
- 1.2 litres vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- Large handful fresh coriander
1. Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion and fry for 5 minutes until softened.
2. Stir in the ground coriander and potato and cook for a further minute.
3. Add the carrots and stock, bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes until the carrots are tender.
4. Allow to cool then blend in a food processor with the fresh coriander (saving some for a garnish). Blitz until smooth. Return to the pan, reheat and season if required.
5. Serve with warm crusty bread.
Was this guide useful?