Butternut squash, coconut & chilli soup
- 1 white onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- A pinch of chilli flakes
- 1 medium size butternut squash
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 200ml coconut milk
- Salt and white pepper to taste
1. In a large saucepan heat the oil. On a medium heat and fry the onions for 3 minutes - stir occasionally with a wooden spoon.
2. Add the garlic and chilli flakes then cook for a further minute.
3. Use a peeler to peel the butternut squash, then remove the seeds with a spoon. Chop the squash into roughly 2cm cubes.
4. Add the squash and continue to fry for a further 3 minutes.
5. Pour in the stock and coconut milk, cover with a lid and bring to a gentle simmer for 15 minutes or until the squash is tender. Stir occasionally.
6. Use a hand blender to blitz into a smooth creamy soup. Season with salt and pepper adding more chilli if you fancy.
7. Serve hot with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkling of chilli flakes.
Was this guide useful?