Brazilian steak salad
- 1 tbsp honey
- 5 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp finely shredded fresh ginger
- 500g rib eye steak
- 1 pineapple, cored, peeled and sliced into inch thick slices
- 2 yellow peppers, seeded and quartered
- 2 red peppers, seeded and quartered
- 1 red chilli finely sliced
- Juice of 1 lime
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 2 tsp seasoned rice vinegar
- 50ml rapeseed oil
- 300g washed fresh baby spinach
1. Set up your grill to a high direct heat and then in a medium bowl, whisk together the honey, 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, the garlic and ginger coating the steak with marinade allowing to infuse for 20 minutes while the steak gets up to room temperature . Grill pineapple and peppers until they begin to char, turning once. Transfer to a plate and once cooled cut the pineapple and peppers into chunks.
2. For the dressing whisk together lime juice, orange zest and juice, remaining 3 tablespoons of soy sauce, the vinegar, finely chopped chili and the oil in a small bowl and put to one side.
3. Finally grill your steak direct to your liking with lid down remembering only to turn your steak once, for a medium rare steak you are looking around 4 minutes either side for a steak of that size. Once cooked remove the steak from the grill and allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing thinly on an angle across the steak.
4. Toss together the spinach, pineapple, red pepper, steak, and dressing in a large bowl until evenly coated, season to taste and enjoy.
Was this guide useful?