Beetroot & apple borscht
Preparation: 30 mins
Cooking: 1 hour
- 600g raw beetroot, peeled and cubed
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 chopped celery stick
- 2 small bramley apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Sour cream to garnish
- Salt and pepper to season
1. Heat the olive oil and add the garlic, onion and celery. Cook until softened.
2. Add the beetroot and apple and continue to cook for a further 5 minutes.
3. Pour over the stock, season and simmer for 40 minutes until everything is tender.
4. Leave to cool and then liquidise in a blender until smooth. Reheat and serve with a swirl of soured cream.
Was this guide useful?