BBQ chicken thighs
- 8 boneless chicken thighs
- 8 tbsp BBQ sauce
- A generous pinch of your favourite dried herbs
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp butter
For the glaze:
- 250ml tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 100g brown sugar
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1. Firstly, gently part the skin from the meat.
2. Lightly apply your favourite dried herbs and salt and pepper to the chicken thighs, ensuring that you season under the skin. Coat the chicken with the ready-made BBQ sauce.
3. Place butter on two aluminium BBQ trays and briefly heat them on the BBQ. Coat the trays with the liquid butter and place 4 seasoned chicken thighs in each tray.
4. Setup the BBQ for indirect barbecuing by lighting charcoal or burners on the sides of the BBQ and leaving space in the middle. Adjust the temperature to 220°C and close the lid. Place both the aluminium BBQ trays in the middle of the BBQ and cook indirectly for 40 minutes.
5. While the chicken is cooking, combine the ketchup, sugar, vinegar, 2 tbsp water and the Worcestershire sauce and put it in a saucepan to simmer.
6. Lift the chicken thighs out of the trays and briefly barbecue directly over the fire until crispy. Coat with the glaze before serving.
Was this guide useful?