How cool is your fridge
What does your fridge door say about you?
Snap a picture and show us how cool your fridge is for the chance to WIN some fabulous prizes including a new Bush Fridge Freezer.
If you finish in first place you will have the option of choosing either a Silver or Black Bush Fridge Freezer. Our second place winner will an exclusive Leiths cake class. For our third place prize, you'll get a Naked Wine Box (12 bottles worth £120) and for fourth place 3 lucky winners will get a Riverford recipe box of their choice.
How to enter:
- Step 1 – Snap a picture of your fridge freezer
- Step 2 – Share through your social media accounts (Twitter / Instagram), including the hashtag #KeepYourCool @Homebase_UK
- Step 3 – That’s it, find your photograph in our gallery below!
Competition closing date is Monday 13 April 2015
Do you know what temperature your fridge should be set at?
If your milk is getting frosty or your lettuce is spoiled then it’s likely that your fridge is actually too cold. The ideal fridge temperature range should be set to between 3-5 degrees centigrade. Any higher and your food will go off, any lower and fresh food will be ruined.
The ideal freezer temperature to store food safely is minus 18 degrees. Build-up of any ice on the walls of the freezer is normal, but you should try to avoid it being any more than 5mm thick. Fancy a frost free freezer instead? This clever invention circuates dry air and will save you time defrosting your freezer.
Enter your fridge snap in our competition today. Good luck!
Terms & conditions
- This competition is open to UK residents and the winner of the competition must be aged 18 or over
- The prize draw is not open to employees of Home Retail Group plc, Argos Limited, Homebase Limited or their Agencies or Advisors
- Please note if your social profile is set to private, images will not appear on the wall and you will not be entered into the competition. If you still wish to enter you will need to change privacy settings to public
- Any known use of false personal information will result in disqualification from the prize draw. Any competition entries submitted via generated script, macro or an automated device will be void without exception
- We cannot accept responsibility for entries which are lost or delayed due to a technical error. We cannot be held responsible for technical failure, or unavailability of a service or website where this prevents entry to the prize draw or reduces the number of chances to enter
- The promoter is Homebase Limited and reserves the right to withdraw or cancel the promotion at any time. Registered address: 489-499 Avebury Boulevard, Milton Keynes, MK9 2NW. Registered in England No. 0533033. VAT No. 145 8990 25
- The data submitted by the entrant to Homebase Limited in respect of the promotion shall only be shared with the parties involved in the operation of this promotion. Any personal data relating to the promotion will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the individual’s prior consent
- No purchase necessary
- Entry methods via Twitter and Instagram only, there is no maximum number of entries per person
- Please allow 28 days for delivery of prizes, unless stated otherwise
- No cash or other alternative to the stated prize(s) is available, except in the event of unseen circumstances the stated prizes are no longer available. The promoter reserves the right to provide a similar prize or a prize of equal or greater value
- On submission of your entry you licence and grant Homebase an exclusive, royalty free, worldwide right to use and republish your photograph on all forms of media
- By entering entrants agree to participate reasonable publicity in the event that they are the winner. This may include use of their name and image in online publicity, in emails and through any other print or social media
- Inappropriate content will be removed and disqualified
- You must submit your entry to the competition using the hashtag #keepyourcool sent to @Homebase_uk
- The winner will be selected by a panel of judges chosen by Homebase
- The Competition closes on Monday 13 April 2015
- Competition winners have 5 working days to claim their prize. No response after this time will result in another winner being selected
Naked wines terms & conditions:
- By placing an order with Naked Wines you are confirming that you are 18 or older. It is illegal for us to sell alcohol to anyone under the age of 18.
- When you give Naked Wines your credit or debit card details you are confirming that you are either the card holder, or that you have permission from the card holder to use the card for the purpose of ordering wine. N.B. If you're claiming a free case of wine, gifted by one of our partners for example, you will still need to provide us with card details - even if we're not charging you anything.
- Our standard delivery service is next working-day to most UK addresses, when you order before 5pm. The delivery charge is £4.99 OR it's free if you order 12 bottles or more. N.B. Some sale cases may be exempt from free delivery (which we'll make clear on the website) - and if you're using a voucher or a gift card to buy your wine, you have to spend £80 of your own money to qualify for free delivery. If we are swamped with orders, we will bring the 5pm cut-off forward so that we can keep our promise to the customers who have already ordered. As well as next working-day delivery, we offer Saturday delivery to most postcodes for £6.99 OR you can pick another working day (both of which you can select at checkout).
For full terms and conditions please see: https://www.nakedwines.com/terms.htm
Leiths terms & conditions:
- Offer valid only for class and date stated
- Winners must contact the school to confirm their places
- No correspondence will be entered into
- Prize is non-transferable. Changes are not permitted, although you can send someone in your place
- No cash or other alternative in whole or in part
- Prize does not include accident insurance or travel to and from Leiths School of Food and Wine
- Any issues concerning the course should be raised with Leiths School of Food and Wine
- Cannot be used in conjunction with any other discounts or special offers
- The winner must confirm, that they accept the terms and conditions