Kitchen buying guide
Was this guide useful?
Our innovative Kitchen Planner will help you put your dream kitchen together. You can also to take advantage of our free, in-store design service by making an appointment. All kitchens over £350 are delivered free to your home within four to six weeks.
5 easy steps to create your dream kitchen
- Discover our wide range of beautiful kitchens, either in store, in our brochures or online.
- Download and use our Planning Grid to mark out your kitchen's measurements. Better still, you can plan and design your dream kitchen using our interactive online Kitchen Planner.
- Arrange your FREE design appointment online, by visiting your local store, or by calling 0345 600 2420.
- Bring your kitchen measurements to the appointment, and watch our qualified design consultants show you how wonderful your dream kitchen will look.
- Choose those all-important details that really make your kitchen from our wide range of appliances, worktops, handles, lighting, and much more. Don't forget to ask about our award-winning installation service.
What should I bear in mind when choosing a kitchen?
Your kitchen is the heart of your home, so naturally it should complement it. Don't pick something that's going to wildly clash with any period styling. Also, go for a design and colours that you'll be happy living with over the years.
Think, too, of the layout, not just the look, of your kitchen. This should be based on how you'll be using your kitchen, or what designers call the 'work triangle'. This means that for the most efficient use of space and to stop you walking miles around your kitchen, the fridge, cooker and sink should form a working triangle - ideally 1.5m to 2.4m apart. You'll also have to take into account the positioning of water pipes and electrical points unless you're prepared to pay extra for having them moved.
Fortunately, all our kitchen cabinets come in a range of widths and heights, helping you make the most of your space.
To give your kitchen a totally individual feel, select your finishing touches, such as handles, cabinet legs, splash backs, and lighting. In fact, it's truly amazing how lighting can change the mood in your kitchen at different times of the day; it's like having a number of dream kitchens, in one!
Plan and design your new kitchen online using our interactive planner. Once you've created your dream kitchen simply print off and take to your appointment.
- Use our kitchen planning grid to mark out your measurements and other useful information before bringing to your appointment.
- Download and print our handy planning grid.
- Remember when planning your layout to include locations of your water & waste pipes, boiler, gas & stop cock, electrical sockets & doors.
- Talk to one of our experienced design consultants.
- Book a FREE appointment online, visit your local store or call 0345 600 2420.
Was this guide useful?