BBQ Grill Debate Divides Britain
Embed the Grilling BBQ Debate infographic on your site:
Wood & Charcoal BBQ Vs Gas & Electric BBQ
65% of our sample prefer charcoal & wood fuelled BBQ’s because:
- Charcoal barbecues provides a more authentic taste
- Charcoal or wood BBQ’s bring out the caveman
- They have no limits! With a charcoal barbecue you can cook anywhere
35% of our sample prefer gas & electric fuelled BBQ’s because:
- A gas or electric BBQ allows you to cook all year round
- Gas barbecues are more efficient and easier to clean
- Gas and electric barbecues allow for more precise cooking
80% of guys tangle with the BBQ tongs, whilst just 20% of girls go for the grill.
Couples are 3 times more likely to host a BBQ party than singles.
8% of adults claim to have found love over the coals!
Do you agree?
The UK’s Favourite BBQ Food
From our sample of participants, we found that 95% of people enjoy meat on the barbecue, including steak, chicken and burgers. 90% of the nation would also choose a sausage as their preferred barbecue snack.
BBQ skewers are also an up and coming favourite, with 69% of the nation choosing a skewer as their favourite. Vegetables are also popular on the grill, with just over half of the nation (51%) choosing to BBQ vegetables on a regular basis.
Just 34% of Brits would choose to BBQ fish, with 11% opting for fruit, and just 7% choosing cheese.
What’s your favourite?
Have Your Say
Why not take part in our BBQ poll on Facebook and give us your feedback.