Large, yellow aromatic fruits that make the most delicious jelly. Serbian variety well adapted to damp and heavier clay soils. This quince is self fertile and will produce fruit without the need for another quince tree to pollinate it. You may improve yield by growing more than one.
- Additional information: This plant has been grafted onto a Quince A root stock.
- Colour of flower: Attractive pink/white spring blossom.
- Feeding instructions: Feed in spring with a mulch of well rotted manure and fertiliser. Recommended for fruit and flowers.
- Flowering period: This tree will provide fruit and flowers for many years.
- Planting instructions: Plant trees from January through to April. Place roots in lukewarm water for a few hours prior to planting to help hydration.
- Soil type: Will thrive in most well drained organic rich soils on a sunny site, away from cold winds. Water well after planting and for the first growing season.
- Latin name: Cydonia Oblonga
- Plant guarantee: Plant is covered by Homebase 5 Year Hardy Plant Guarantee.
- Pot size: Bare Root