- Additional information: Anthony Henn selects the plants to suit each individual border
- Care instructions: Dead-head as flowers fade and trim to shape if required. See care leaflet and instructional DVD for further details.
- Feeding instructions: Feed new border with fertiliser provided and water daily for a couple of weeks to help plants take root. As the plants mature they will need less watering.
- Includes: Biodegradable paper plan, pegs, fertiliser, instructional DVD, pair of gloves and a hand trowel. Plants selected from following range depending on seasonality - Bay, Buddleja, Lavender, Rosemary, Sage, Chocolate Cosmos, Penstemon, Festuca and Pennisetum. They may vary but will be the best available selection to create the desired border style. includes 35x 1L pot plants.
- Border length: 800.0cm
- Border width: 90.0cm
- Special delivery information: After placing your order a Garden on a Roll colleague will contact you to finalize your border requirements and delivery date. Delivery is made within 7 days from order confirmation.
Sensory Border Collection - 8m x 90cm 179577
Help & advice:
Q: How long will the border-in-a-box-kit take to arrive after ordering?
A: You can expect delivery within 10 to 14 days.
Q: How long does it take to plant a border-in-a-box-kit?
A: Depending on the quality of your soil, a 10 meter border with soil preparation and planting should take around a day.
Q: Should I remove the pots?
A: Yes. We hope to produce biodegradable pots in the coming year, but for now remove pots and re-use them if possible.
Q: Are the plants a good size when they arrive?
A: We supply top quality, well rooted, plants in 1 litre pots which we find establish really well.
Q: How quickly does the paper biodegrade?
A: The paper bio-degrades in 2-3 months and helps to suppress weeds in the mean time.
Q: How often do I water the plants once they are planted?
A: In the spring and summer 3 times a week minimum – once a day would be even better. Especially in sunny, breezy weather.
Q: Do I get exactly what I have seen on the website?
A: The picture is a representation of the plants you may receive but substitutes may be given due to seasonality that give the same 'look'.
Q: What if I want a curvy front edge to my border?
A: Shape the edge to suit by using a hosepipe to get the perfect curve and fill gap with plants.
How to plant your garden border:
- When your garden plants arrive, ensure they are removed from the box ASAP, placed outside and watered thoroughly.
- Follow instructions for planting but please soak each plant in bucket of water for 5 mins before planting so it goes in ground nice and wet.
- In spring and summer water every other day for maybe a month or so after planting depending on weather. After that three times a week should do and after three months or so one good soaking a week should suffice. It's always best to push a finger into the soil around a plant to check moisture and observe how the plant is looking – this will give indication of whether the plant needs water. You'll get a feel for it soon enough.
- There should not be too much pruning to do the first year but always remove faded flowers throughout summer to encourage more flowers.
- In autumn leave old flowers on the plants as it's good for wildlife and looks great on frosty mornings.
- Silvery and Mediterranean shrubs are best pruned in March to keep bushy.
- When the mulch paper has rotted down and you start seeing your old soil at the surface keep adding a layer (2-3 cm or so) of compost or organic matter as it's great for the soil, looks good and keeps moisture in the ground.
- A handful of fertiliser every square meter or so, sprinkled lightly around your plants a couple of times in the summer will help them grow too.